Planning Your Henderson Harbor (Eastern Lake Ontario) Fishing Charter
Haven’t experienced a Henderson Harbor Lake Ontario fishing charter before? Call John at Henchen’s (315-938-5313) and he will help set up your lodging AND charter!
Henchen Marina is the main customer pick up and drop off location for many of the local Lake Ontario fishing charter captains, making us a convenient place to stay during your visit to Henderson Harbor. We are renown for our trophy freshwater fish–walleye, northern pike, lake and brown trout, smallmouth bass, pickerel and salmon.
If you have never gone on a fishing charter out of Henderson Harbor, here are some tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible:
- Because charters leave early and come back after check-out time, booking your lodging for at least two nights will make for a comfortable and stress-free experience for you and your friends/family.
- Full day Lake Ontario fishing charters (which most trips are) leave the dock at 5:30 – 6:30 AM, so you’ll want to bring breakfast with you, or grab a breakfast sandwich (which you can microwave) or danish in our store before you leave. (Most of our accommodations have kitchens with coffee makers, toasters, etc. so you can bring your own breakfast foods as well).
- Everyone on the boat age 16 and over needs a valid New York State fishing license for the day that you fish. You can purchase these online or at our store any day/time prior to your charter. Kids under age 16 do not need a fishing license.
- Unless your charter captain provides a shore lunch as part of the package, you’ll want to bring food, snacks and beverages in non-breakable containers. Yes, we do carry soda, beer and munchies in the marina store if you forget to bring some with you.
- Bringing rain gear is a good idea just in case, as is dressing in layers, as the open water temperatures can be much cooler than on land. Forget to pack something? We have rain ponchos, jackets and sweatshirts for kids and adults in the store.
- Also be sure to bring sunglasses, hats, sunscreen and cameras. Wear soft soled shoes or sneakers.
- If you’ve never been on a Lake Ontario fishing charter before, or tend to get motion sickness, take Dramamine® as directed before you leave. Yep, we have that in the store, too.
- Our fish cleaners will filet any fish you catch on your excursion. Bring a cooler to transport your catch home. We sell Styrofoam® coolers in the store as well, and ice to pack around your fish.
Below is a list of charter guides who belong to the Henderson Harbor Guides Association, along with links to their websites when applicable. Haven’t experienced a Henderson Harbor fishing charter before? Call John at Henchen’s (315-938-5313) and he will help set up your lodging AND charter!
|‘CR’ Charters||Ron Stein||315-639-3632|
|Drag’n A Line Charters||Dave Lyman||315-335-6635|
|Ewing Charters||Tom Ewing||315-376-6921|
|Excursion Charters||Dave Lee||518-229-5499|
|Fish Lure Charters||Dave Huebner||609-462-6661|
|First Strike Charters||George PoundGreg Pound||315-938-9282|
|Foster Child Charters||Sharon Foster Kim Foster||315-493-3329|
|Gone Fishin Charters||Scott Grandjean||315-783-5009|
|Hobo Charters||Jim McGowan||315-938-5617|
|How Sweet It Is Charters||Pete Barnes||315-408-4040|
|Jerry’s Sportfish’n Charters||Jerry Sharrow||315-387-3182|
|Jessie Mae Sportfishing||Bob Savage||315-639-6574|
|Jolly Roger Fishing Charters||Walt Chapman Gerry Tanner||315-415-3659 315-405-6547|
|Laura Lee Charters||Tony Palusio||585-329-3588|
|Lots A Limits||Tim Meador||315-212-4412|
|McCrea Fishing Charters||Dave McCrea||315-938-5069|
|Mega-Bite Charters||Briggs Williamson||315-955-4895|
|Milky Way Charters||Scott Durant||315-938-5420|
|Mit-She Charters||Mitch Franz||315-938-5865|
|Moby Dick Charters||Bob DickShawn Dick||315-938-5871|
|Pole Position Charters||Scott Lennox||315-846-5868|
|Pro 1 Charters||George Kogut||315-778-8986|
|Robin’s Rest Charters||Bob Weaver||814-435-2693|
|Ron Ditch & Sons Charters||Dave DitchDrew DitchRon Ditch||315-938-7045239-225-5651315-938-5234|
|Ruffin-it II||Don Peters||336-339-4749|
|Saiff Charters||Bill Saiff IIBill Saiff IIIDave Zangari||315-778-2297315-771-3514315-546-5953|
|Salmo Charters||Lew Wescott||315-938-7333|
|Salmon Hunter Charters||Steve Chesley||570-460-0611|
|School’s Out Charters||Nick Lee||315-778-8245|
|Shady Lady Charters||Fred Kucik||315-646-1733|
|Smith’s Charters||Barry Smith||315-846-5684|
|Sunken Treasures Charters||Gene Bolton||315-486-8463|
|The Bear Charters||Carl Golas||315-376-7695|
|Triple A-Tug Hill Charters||Bob Jordan||315-938-5577|
|Trophy Angler Charters||Bob Gregory||315-778-4177|
|Waters Charters||Tom Waters||315-938-5855|
|Well Deserved Charters||Jeff Butcher||315-778-4376|